1. Make sure you have version 22.214.171.124
2. Download fleur.zip
save to your DeskCNC folder.
3. Select menu Options - Misc, set the post Processor
4. Select menu Setup - Machine Setup - Machine, set
your machine to 4 axis w/ Rotary.
a. Set your
machine to Millimeters for this Tutorial.
5. Select menu File - open STL - Open STL for Rotary
and load the Fleur.Stl file.
a. All Rotary STL files
should be oriented along the X axis.
b. The screen
should look like...
6. Select menu Toolpaths - Rotary and enter the following....
a. Rapid Height
= 25 (should be higher than tallest point of STL model).
Coolant = OFF.
X Margin = 2. (The length along the X axis before and after the
Model begins and ends).
Min X and Max X are automatically set.
Min Radius = 8 (The minum depth of cut). This should be set so that
the Margins do not 'cut off' the part.
In the case of this Ring, it should be slightly less than the radius of
the Finger Hole.
Tool = 20 degree Conical (Dia, Angle, and Type are automatically set).
Rotary Step = 360 (The number of steps to Index the Rotary axis: 360 =
1 degree increments).
h. X Step
= 0.1 (The distance to step along the X axis).
i. RPM = 25000.
7. Your parameters should look like...
8. Click the Create button. It will take a
minute for the toolpaths to be calculated.
9. Your screen should look like this after rotating
10. Select menu Toolpaths - Run Machine.
a. Accept the
default filename and save the toolpaths.
11. The toolpaths are saved and automatically loaded.
12. If you have your machine connected, you can now
run the GCode and machine the ring.
13. Here is the Ring machined in Urethane proof board
using a Rotary Step = 0.1...